It's also fairly easy to end up creating more problems than are easy to solve quickly. Maxing out CPU/RAM, glitches during the live performance, and a stiff/inflexible performance are all too common amongst Ableton users. Most of these issues show up over time, as we continually tinker with our live set, which adds again to the difficulty of troubleshooting and finding solutions to these problems.
However, it is entirely possible to prepare our sets in a manner that prevents these. The method I use in Ableton is highly CPU/RAM efficient, allows for infinite arrangement changes on the fly live, and is very stable - very few glitches! Most of the differences in my set are very simple and easy to implement.
Join me for a 90 minute workshop entitled "A-Z Live Tracks In Ableton" This workshop is $20 to attend.
I'll be showing the exact method I use with Jesus Culture to prepare live tracks. Since I switched to this method about a year ago, there has been a dramatic decrease in glitches, I've been able to increase the number of songs loaded into my set at a time, and have been able to easily and quickly teach this system to others who fill in for me on the road, including Bethel Music's keyboard player- he uses this system now. I used this exact system just last month to record and run the set for the next live JC album, and I'm happy to report - it's as stable as ever!
If you've ever wondered the best way to prepare an Ableton set, if you've ever wondered if there were a few key tips and tricks that can impact the stability and flexibility of an Ableton set - this workshop is for you! Join me, and I'll show you what you need to know.
And yes, you'll keep a recording, so if you aren't able to attend live... you can purchase now and still watch the video later :)
WHAT WE'LL COVER:
- My new method for organizing and creating live tracks in Ableton - this has never before been shared online and allows for spontaneous arrangements, while being highly CPU/RAM efficient.
- A simple tip to help keep your computer from glitching during a performance.
- How to organize your Live set for ease of navigation and speed.
- A simple system for labeling and preparing tracks that saves me over an hour per song I prepare.
- Bonus templates, files, and an extra addendum for a "Dream" live setup - infinite expansion and future-proof